If you want to set goals the smart way, then keep SMART in mind!
- Specific: State exactly what you are wanting to achieve, and possibly the who, what, when and how of it too.
- Measurable: You and others should be able to tell when you have achieved a goal, so set a way to track your progress and evaluate what you have done.
- Achievable: Make your goal something you have to work towards, but still attainable – a realistic goal for your efforts.
- Relevant: Ensure your goal important to you, your current work and / or life objectives and your responsibilities.
- Time-bound: Set a target date to complete your goal by.